Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition Review
Wacom doesn’t need any introduction when it comes to digital pen tablet technology.
With 35 years of experience, Wacom is a trusted brand with many products already on the shelves.
Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition Review
Now, with the Intuos Pro Paper Edition, the brand enables you to capture editable versions of your sketches in digital format with pressure sensitivity.
Apart from the fact that you can choose between starting your artwork on paper or working directly on your digital tablet, it also includes the
Wondering why this tablet is different?
The Intuos Pro Paper Edition simplifies your life even further with Bluetooth.
The tablet will store your offline images for you until you connect again.
It stores up to 200 drawings in the tablet’s built-in memory which is a large enough storage capacity to use for professional applications.
So this can be an excellent investment for artists and designers who create and edit work digitally but are looking for ways in which tech can benefit there are.
Is this what you’ve been looking for?
Smart and Innovative
The Intuos Pro Paper Edition offers you eight programmable buttons and a touch ring.
This can have up to four different assignments and empowers you with easy shortcuts while working on your designs.
A fine tip or optional ballpoint pen will enhance the detail of your work to the maximum.
The screen has been redesigned to be more compact and user-friendly, providing a perfect workspace for you.
Change your surface to any of the replacement sheets provided to give a smoother or courser surface.
The Paper Edition comes with a paperclip that attaches to the top of the tablet to hold your sketching paper.
Closer to the Real Thing
The brand even includes a few Wacom sheets in the box to draw on but you can use any paper you have available or love working on.
The Intuos Pro makes it easy to connect to any iPad, Mac or PC as it’s Bluetooth 4.2 compatible.
Let’s talk presentation. Everything about this tablet is just straightforward style and class, from the packaging to the device itself.
The Wacom Intuos can be used in any software program.
Drawings can be imported to your Mac or Windows computer via the Inkspace app in programs such as Adobe Suite or
You can expect to find the following in your package:
- New steel-based pen stand
- Six standard spare nibs and four felt nibs stored inside the pen stand
- Accessory soft case
- Paper clip
- Fine tip pen
- Ten sheets of A5 paper
- Wacom Intuos Pro Pen Tablet
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 – battery free
- Four extra pen color rings
- Three fine-tip ink refills
- Texture sheet sample card
- Quick start guide
- 6.6ft PVC-free USB cable
The designers made sure that you’ll have all you need in one device. Let’s summarize some of the features:
- Paper to digital ability allows you to choose between working digital from start to finish or alternatively capture editable versions of your paper sketches
- New age pen performance with pen pressure sensitivity, tilt response and lag free tracking makes for high responsiveness and minimal frustration during digital drawing sessions
- Extra accessories such as texture sheets simulate different surfaces for drawing
- Customizable express keys and pen side switches simplify your work time
- You can use it with common creative file formats
- Bluetooth wireless connection to PC or Mac makes for high compatibility
- The new Intuos Pro Tablet and Pro Pen 2 are combined with a detachable paper clip and fine-tip gel pen
If you need to make a quick decision, maybe these benefits and disadvantages will help you decide.
- Lightweight and stylish design
- Wireless usage is possible
- 8000+ pressure sensitivity levels
- State of the art pen stand
- Offers both direct digital and paper to digital drawing
- Easy usage and set up
- Top quality components make for long term use
- Some SVG translation issues
- Nibs wear out relatively quickly
- Quite expensive
A New Angle in Drawing Tablets
Firstly there’s no denying that the Intuos Pro Paper Edition is a well-built unit.
It impresses thanks to the many features and extras.
As with many tech devices you have to ask yourself what you expect from the tablet when selecting one for yourself, because what works for your neighbor may not work for you:
- What work will you be doing on the device?
- Do you need a bigger or smaller screen?
- Do you need extras like wireless and Bluetooth connection etc.?
One aspect everyone will have in common on their “have to list” will most probably be accuracy.
The Pro Paper Edition will not leave you disappointed with accurate and efficient input so that’s definitely something that makes it stand out from the crowd.
Quality comes at a higher price, so you’ll have to dig a little deeper in your pocket to get your hands on this drawing pad.
But with some professionals calling it the best Wacom edition so far, you can’t expect anything less.
Wacom put time and effort into upgrading some of the small yet important details that consumers asked for in the previous models and it pays off.
Overall the Pro Paper Edition will make your work-flow easier, faster and more effective, especially if you prefer to start out with your sketches on paper.
It’ll offer you state-of-the-art features and you’ll be guaranteed quality and great branding.
If you want to invest in your future and perfect your artistry, the Pro Paper Edition is a good option.
Need to see more graphics tablet reviews? Click the button below.