Today our contenders are the UGEE M708 Vs XP-Pen Deco 01 graphics tablet.
We will review all features for each tablet and come to a conclusion based on our research.
Whether you are a beginner or a professional artist, you may need a good drawing tablet for your art work.
But there are many types of drawing tablets on the market, making it hard for people to choose the right one.
- 1 Two quality brand names
- 2 UGEE M708 Vs XP-Pen Deco 01 – Which is the best?
- 3 Main features of UGEE M708 Vs XP-Pen Deco 01 graphics tablet.
- 4 1. Size
- 5 2. Portability
- 6 3. Compatibility
- 7 4. Stylus
- 8 5. Tilt and pressure sensitivity
- 9 6. Controls
- 10 7. Nature of your work
- 11 Final Recount:
- 12 Pros and cons of both tablets
- 13 Final Verdict on XP-Pen Deco 01 Vs UGEE M708 graphics tablet
- 14 Related Posts:
Two quality brand names
Among the most preferred tablets are UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet and the XP-Pen Deco 01.
XP-Pen Deco 01 is an affordable drawing tablet recommended for beginners.
If you are looking for a quality gadget to carry out professional-like digital art, XP-Pen Deco 01 is a good choice.
It is designed for both left and right-hand users.
UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet is a pocket-friendly electronic device that has amazing features.
It is ideal for hobbyists and newbie artists. It can also be used by left and right-hand artists.
UGEE M708 Vs XP-Pen Deco 01 – Which is the best?
Based on user reviews, both tablets are good for beginners and intermediate artists.
However, there are some noticeable differences that make each tablet unique.
It’s important to check the size, pressure sensitivity, budget, quality, nature of your work, and portability, when comparing products.
To help you make an informed decision, let’s compare the two tablets.
Main features of UGEE M708 Vs XP-Pen Deco 01 graphics tablet.
Drawing tablets are rated based on features. When buying a graphics tablet, the main thing look for are the different features it has to offer.
For instance, some drawing tablets designed for right-hand users while others can be used by both left and right-hand users.
Therefore, you need to check the features properly before buying the tablet.
Below are the main features of the two tablets.
Size is a vital feature, particularly for professional artists.
This is because a wider screen is efficient when it comes to zooming, scrolling, sketching, and editing images.
If the tablet screen is small, it might be hard to complete specific projects.
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – even though it is a big tablet, it is a bit smaller than XP-Pen Deco 01.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – it is a bit bigger than UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet.
The tablet is 10×6.25 Inch. This means it is a good choice even for professional tasks.
If you are always on the move, you need a drawing tablet that is portable.
In addition, you want one that is compatible with various programs.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – this is a great tablet that is easily portable.
Whether you are an amateur or an art student, the gadget has no issues or major accessories to assemble.
However, it is a bit heavier than the UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet.
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – just like XP-Pen Deco 01, this graphics tablet is very portable.
But it is a bit small and lighter than XP-Pen Deco 01.
Today, there are different types of programs used by digital artists.
In addition, some designers use Mac while others use PC.
Therefore, it is always important to consider compatibility when buying a drawing tablet.
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – is compatible with Mac 10.8.0 and above and Window 7 and above.
Also, it works well with programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Infinite Stratos, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks, Comic Studio, Macromedia Flash, SAI, 3D MAX, Pixologic ZBrush, Autodesk MAYA and more.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – is compatible with Mac 10.10 and above and Window 7/8/10.
It also, works well with various programs that include Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Clip studio and many more.
It has an upper hand over UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet because the drivers are always updated through their website.
This is the digital pen that is used to draw on the tablet.
Some pens are battery operated while others are battery-less.
In addition, there are those that come with rubber grips making them comfortable and easy to hold while drawing.
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – the pen is well designed to give you a natural feeling while drawing. Also, it is a battery-free pen.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – the pen is one of the best in the market.
It works just like a real pen on paper. Also, it is battery-free and no charging is needed.
5. Tilt and pressure sensitivity
Drawing tablets capture the movement of your pen stroke.
This means pressure sensitivity is critical as the tablet tracks the amount of pressure you apply while drawing.
If your work involves comics and cartoons, ensure you consider pressure sensitivity.
But if you do not plan to use your tablet for intensive digital painting, then you can ignore sensitivity.
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – the pen comes with 8192-pressure sensitivity that allows you to draw accurate lines for cartoons and comics.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – the pen offers 8192-levels of pressure sensitivity.
This means it is a nice pen for comic artists as well.
Most drawing tablets on the market have short-keys keys that you program based on your needs.
Some models have keys on pens while others have keys around the drawing area.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – there are 8-express keys that fit well to the fingertip.
It is possible to tune the shortcut keys to different programs.
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – this tablet also has 8-customizable express keys that are very effective.
This allows you to switch between the pen and the eraser very fast.
7. Nature of your work
Another huge feature to consider when choosing between XP-Pen Deco 01 and UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet is the nature of your work.
Which one among the two drawing tablets is for beginners and which one is the best for professionals?
Also, if you are a left-hand artist, which one should you pick?
• UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet – this tablet is a bit smaller than XP-Pen Deco 01.
Hence, as a professional artist, your best pick is XP-Pen Deco 01 due to size.
However, the tablet is easy to set-up, very user-friendly, and designed for beginners.
The package also comes with a pen holder, USB cable, anti-fouling glove, and a user manual.
Besides, it can be used by both left-hand and right-hand users.
• XP-Pen Deco 01 – based on the size and the technology used, XP-Pen Deco 01 is a good tablet for professionals.
It is easy to plug in and out, making it a perfect choice for beginners as well.
The package also comes with a pen stand, user manual, a drawing glove, USB cable, and 8-replaceable pen nibs.
In addition, it can be used by both left and right-hand artists.
When it comes to the size, compatibility, and nature of the work, both tablets seem to be alike.
However, if you are a professional artist, looking for a big screen and a tablet that can easily update its drivers, the choice is XP-Pen Deco 01.
On the other hand, UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet is light and small, making it easy to carry around and for travel.
Pros and cons of both tablets
UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet
- It feels like you are drawing on paper
- Easy to set-up
- USB connectivity
- Can be used by both left and right-hand users
- Battery-free pen
• Manual hard to understand
• Does not support Chrome OS
XP-Pen Deco 01
- Amazing working screen
- Easy to set-up
- USB type-C connectivity
- Battery-free pen
- Can be used by both left and right-hand users
• No wireless connectivity
• Cannot scroll in and out
Final Verdict on XP-Pen Deco 01 Vs UGEE M708 graphics tablet
Based on the above features, both tablets seem to be alike.
However, XP-Pen Deco 01 outshines UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet.
It is an affordable tablet, well-built, and very durable.
The user manual is not as complicated as for the UGEE M708 Graphics Tablet.
It’s important to note that both XP-Pen and Ugee brands have a support page.
Therefore, if you need to download drivers or manuals, they have plenty of support.
- XP PEN Deco 01 V2 Drawing Tablet Review – 2019 Version
- XP Pen Deco Pro Review (Medium Size Tablet)
- Reviewing the XP Pen Star G640 Drawing Tablet
Last Updated on April 4, 2021 by Tony