The Boogie Board Sync 9.7 LCD e Writer looks great, but it lacks functionality.
When I look back on my life, school was one of my absolute favorite experiences.
Being a great student, looking for ways to improve my grades and impress my teachers.
Education was always valued, and I still do today, and I always daydream about returning to a classroom one day to learn a new area of study.
Boogie Board Sync 9.7 Review: LCD e Writer
I went to school during the 1990’s and at the beginning of the 2000’s.
So I was basically in school during the first years of using computers in school.
At college, I would use a laptop everywhere I went, and while technology was not as prominent as it was today, it was still integral to learning.
In high school, I had a class in typing and had to use a huge computer for all my assignments.
Perfect for Taking Notes
With the rise of technology, I find schools have adapted quite amazingly, and have changed their curriculum to incorporate the best technology.
Teachers know technology is the future, and are trying their best to bring new ways of using technology in the classroom.
Looking back at my school career, I am blown away by how much paper I must’ve used from kindergarten all the way up through college.
I remember once printing over 100 pages of lecture notes in one sitting.
It was time-consuming and very costly not only to me but our environment.
Schools have become conscious about this and are trying to reduce their carbon footprint by making things either available online or in an eBook format.
Boogie Boards, the Wave of the Future
Textbooks can now be bought on iPads, and you can now read lecture notes on the screen without having to take notes on paper.
One of the great tools that have been introduced on the market is the Boogie Board.
Boogie boards are a way to allow students to take notes during class while feeling like they are making them with a pen and paper.
I am very much a pen and paper type of person.
However, writing on a Boogie board feels almost the same, and the best part is that it doesn’t cost you a single bit of paper.
If everyone started using Boogie boards at schools and businesses, imagine how much the environment would change.
It could make a great global impact.
There are many tablets and Boogie boards that you can buy today.
It can be hard to know exactly which one to get.
They do range in price, and you want to get a product that will last and do everything you need.
I have been testing Boogie boards for the past year to find the best bargains and the best ones on the market today.
One brand that you can buy is the Boogie Board Sync 9.7 inch LCD eWriter Black Orange ST1020001.
It has been made to give you the most ease when taking notes.
The Boogie Board Sync 9.7 inch LCD eWriter Black Orange ST1020001 comes with a variety of features to meet all your creative and schooling needs.
These features include:
- Incredible creative design for that has been handcrafted by both people in the workforce and students at school
- Great storage of SD memory that is right on the board can store a lot of pages
- Able to connect through Bluetooth, and transmit info between devices
- Use it for Evernote and Adobe Illustrator
- Powered by one lithium-ion battery (which is included in the package)
- Built in 2013
- Measures 1.6 x 8.3 x 13.4 centimeters
- Takes electronic note-taking to the next level of innovation
- Can feel the pressure of how you write, making it much more accurate
- Ultra-thin design, making it easy to take on the road
- USB cable charger comes with it
- Realistic writing experience
- Can press lightly to create a thin line and firmer to create a thicker line, perfect for artists or designers
- Integrates in real time with an on-screen presentation
- Compatible with both Windows and Mac
- Easy to use
- Easy to write with
- Looks great when put on the computer
- There is no undo button
- Easily damaged
- Does not look great on its own compared to a computer
- Can’t put recently used data back onto the tablet
- No erasing tool must start over
- The charger will lose strength over time
- Feels cheap
Final Verdict for the Boogie Board Sync 9.7 Review
I just wanted to state that I am not in any way an educational professional or even a professional in the realm of technology.
I am your average consumer, and I look at things for the average customer to see if they would like it or not.
My recommendation is to go to your local store to hold it in your hands before you buy it.
This all comes down to personal preference and getting something that fulfills exactly what you need.
While the Boogie Board Sync 9.7 inch LCD eWriter Black Orange ST1020001 will fit in with a tight budget, I think it is not worth the money.
Let me just say plainly—you get what you pay for.
This board has no undone button, which is essential if you want to use it to draw or take notes.
If you make one mistake, you’re going to have to restart your entire page.
It also just has an overall feeling of being cheap and poorly made.
There is also no eraser tool, so it is a no brainer why I think it is awful to take notes with.
If you save a file and put it onto your computer, there is no way to regain it to the tablet to re-edit it.
At the end of the day, I recommend you save up a bit more money and buy a Boogie board that is a more high end and has an eraser feature.
If you’re looking for a Boogie Board for your children, take a look at the Boogie Board Jot 4.5 LCD eWriter Clear View: Review.
It is integral to taking notes and to any of these electronic note takers.
More Boogie Board Deals
If you like Boogie Board products and need some gift ideas, check out the My Boogie Board deals page.
They got children’s drawing tablets and accessories on sale most of the time.
Also, customers can sign up for their newsletter and get a discount on any Boogie Board product.
- Boogie Board Play and Trace – Review
- Boogie Board Kids Scribble N Play – Review
- The Boogie Board Jot eWriter (JT0220002) A Review
Last Updated on April 12, 2021 by Tony